We are seeking three participants from Cyprus for a capacity building training and exchange for organisations working with social inclusion and/or human rights!
The Active Citizens Days is an annual event organized by the Norwegian Helsinki Committee and Fund Operators of the Active Citizens Fund, this year the Batory Foundation and the Foundation for the Education of Democracy, which operate the Active Citizens Fund in Poland.
The topic of the ACD 2022 is Advocacy for social inclusion: strategies and tools. Within that topic special focus will be put on the subtopic of integration of persons of migrant/refugee background.
In our current climate of catastrophe and strife – whether it be war, mass movement of population, natural disaster, the pandemic, or social and economic division, civil society organisations should be equiped to advocate effectively for the most vulnerable, not only for access to quality public services, but also for fairer, value-based policies.
- broadening perspectives on challenges related to social inclusion and the role of CSOs in contributing to it;
- raising awareness about different strategies applied by organizations in relation to advocacy activities;
- establishing contacts and cooperation among participating organizations, including possible future partnerships.
- 3 online meetings (introductory meeting on June 22nd and 2 online workshops on September 12th and September 26th, 2022).
- Live (onsite) meeting in Oslo (October 10-12th, 2022)
Who can participate?
The programme is addressed to representatives of civil society organizations from the countries benefiting from the Active Citizens Fund (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Slovakia, Slovenia) and Norway as an ACF donor state, active in the area of social cohesion and support for vulnerable groups.
Participation in the programme is free of charge. The travel and accommodation costs of the trip to Oslo will be covered by the ACF Cyprus Fund Operator for those selected to participate, while all costs of the online sessions and meeting onsite will be covered by the organizers (the Norwegian Helsinki Committee in cooperation with Polish Fund Operators of the ACF).
There are three places open for participants from Cyprus. Only one application per organisation can be submitted in this call.
Priority to participate will be given to representatives of organisations who:
- are less experienced or have recently started their advocacy activities;
- are active in promoting integration of immigrants and refugees into society;
- have low access to participation in similar programmes;
- are project promoters in the Active Citizens Fund Programme in their respective countries;
- have availability of their representative to actively participate in all online meetings listed above and the onsite meeting in Oslo.
As the working language of the programme will be English, good verbal and written communication skills in this language is a prerequisite and the application form must be submitted in English.
How to apply
In order to apply please fill in the application available here (in English)
Deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday, 24th May 2022 midday.
The Fund Operator will make the final decision on the applicants chosen to participate, based on the abovementioned priorities. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org