We are seeking six participants from Cyprus, interested in sharing practices, knowledge, and opportunities across Cyprus and Latvia on the topic of Intercultural Dialogue as a vehicle for social cohesion and inclusion of vulnerable groups.
The Fund Operators of the Active Citizens Fund programme in Cyprus and Latvia are co-organising a two-part workshop with the aim to provide the space and opportunity for representatives of Civil Society Organisations, experts, trainers and consultants working with and for different ethnic groups in both countries to share experiences and practices on building bridges of dialogue between various communities.
In line with the ACF programme objectives to promote social justice, empower vulnerable groups and foster regional cooperation, the workshop will provide opportunities for dialogue and collaboration, based on mutual understanding and knowledge exchange on the empowerment of CSOs and their beneficiaries in interethnic, intercultural, and interfaith communication and collaboration.
All selected participants are expected to be available to attend both parts of the workshop, scheduled as follows:
Part A: Nicosia, Cyprus | 19 - 20 May 2023
Part B: Latvia | 12 – 15 October 2023 (including travel dates)
Who can participate?
- Civil Society Organisations (Informal Groups / Movements, Associations, Foundations, Federations) representatives (staff, board members, volunteers) based in Cyprus working with and for ethnic minorities or working on civic engagement, social justice and democratic participation and inclusion.
- Experts, trainers, consultants and facilitators working with ethnic minorities in Cyprus.
- Advocacy experts and consultants working on strengthening inclusion of ethnic minorities and intercultural dialogue in Cyprus.
Priority to participate will be given to applicants who:
- are CSO representatives working directly with and for ethnic minorities.
- are active in promoting the integration of ethnic minority groups into society.
- are available and commit to actively participate in both parts of the workshop.
Participation in the programme is free of charge. Where applicable, costs for participation including travel, meals and accommodation can be covered by the Active Citizens Fund programme.
As the working language of the workshop will be English, good verbal and written communication skills in this language is a prerequisite and the application form must be submitted in English.
How to apply
In order to apply please fill in the application available here (in English)
Deadline for submitting applications is 23 April 2023.
The Fund Operator will make the final decision on the applicants chosen to participate, based on the abovementioned priorities. Successful applicants will be contacted by the end of April to confirm their participation and be prepared with more information for the activities of Part A the workshop.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org